This €1.1 million project provided support to the Bangladesh Planning Commission to improve the preparation of multiyear public investment programmes.
This was done though two main areas of support:
i) reviewing and revising guidelines for public investment project formulation, appraisal and approval; and
ii) building capacity for public investment financial management, including the formulation and execution of a multi-year budget for capital expenditure.
Specific outputs were:
- Strengthened public investment appraisal and approval mechanisms;
- Improved budget classification and systems;
- The introduction of multi-year public investment budgeting;
- Improved capacity for public investment project monitoring and evaluation;
- Studies and policy notes on public investment management issues;
- Knowledge dissemination and exchange.
The project started in December 2012 and finished in April 2014.