This 4-year, €3.5m project built capacity for macroeconomic and financial management, sectoral planning, and economic and socio-economic development planning in the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning (MFDP).
This involved the following activities:
- Supporting budgeting reforms and the introduction of an Medium Term Expenditure Framework, including the development of a macroeconomic model;
- MFDP institutional strengthening and enhancing the MFDP Planning Framework;
- Training Needs Assessment for the MFDP, followed by the development and delivery of a training programme for Planning Cadre and Budget officers;
- Development and implementation of a MFDP Strategic Development Plan;
- Improving the performance of the Bureau of Statistics, focusing on core activities, such as supporting macro- and socioeconomic planning;
- Population modelling and manpower planning.